Internet Arcade: Gorf
- Publication date
Dave Nutting Associates, Inc.
Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari 8-bit, ColecoVision, Commodore 64, Jaguar, VIC-20
Midway Mfg. Co.
Gorf is a game that consists of five levels:
- The first level called Astro Battles has the player's ship behind a defensive shield, defending against an alien attack. The level is a top-down view, with the player's ship and shield on one side and the aliens on the other side; this level bears the most resemblance to Space Invaders.
- The second level called Laser Attack is made up of a formation of ships, with some that swoop down and a laser that fires at the player's ship. Bonus ships also tend to appear in this level.
- The third level is called Galaxians, and as the name suggests it is very similar to the game Galaxian with ships constantly dive bombing the player's spaceship. This mission only appears in the Arcade version.
- The fourth level called Space Warp, has the player entering hyperspace.. The viewpoint switches from a top-down view to a behind-the-ship view. One by one, alien vessels will come out and fly in a circular formation shooting at the player's ship with the players goal being to destroy each one.
- The fifth and final level is called Flag Ship. In this level, the player does not fight a wave of enemies, but a single one which happens to be a large Flag Ship with a weak spot which is its core. Hitting the weak spot will instantly destroy it, but the player must first shoot through a similar shield that the player had in the first level.
Finishing the game increases the player's rank and starts the game over at level 1 with a faster game speed for more challenge.
From Mobygames.com. Original Entry
- 2014-11-05 01:49:05
- Atari 2600, Atari 5200, Atari 8-bit, ColecoVision, Commodore 64, Jaguar, VIC-20
- Dave Nutting Associates, Inc.
- Arcade, Shooter
- Midway Mfg. Co.
- Sci-Fi / Futuristic
- Fixed / Flip-screen
- Internet Archive Python library 0.7.2
Subject: Gotta get me back in Time
This was a favorite game in high school, after Asteroids, Defender, Battlezone and Robotron.
Included are the weird voice synth that is missing in the downloadable version
I think my high score was over 280k and I gave in due to cramps.
Keyboard is much prefered
Subject: Gorf rideing me
When UI see him I will punch Gork strate in the fukiin mouth talkin and talkin ande talkin im not even real mad but just shut up alwrdeey.
Subject: Gorf: Good game, but poor sound quality!
Subject: Confirming Error
Subject: Problem starting
Subject: How to play
1. Press '6' key once for 3 ships, twice for 6 ships
2. Press the '1' key for one player (haven't tried two)
3. Then use the arrow keys to move your ship around
4. Press the 'ctrl' key to shoot
Subject: No shooting
Subject: To the above user/
Great game and brings back loads of memories! and I spent a fortune on this in the Arcades.
One thing where is the speech?
Subject: - How Do I Move or Shoot? (GORF!)
- I don't see any instructions... I have unsuccessfully tried: cursor, letters on keyboad (ANY of Them), arrows on Number-board, actual arrow-keys.
The arrow keys work for moving the cursor around NOW in HERE. But HOW Do I MOVE/SHOOT and PLAY this Game?
Also I can Not chose a Rating as I have yet to play the game.
thanks! Rhis was my all-time Favorite game as a young teenager to be! (YAY Midway!)
and to this website: HELP, Please.